• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Honey buzzard (1 Viewer)

caroleanne

This was seen flying over the border from Nottinghamshire through to Lincolnshire near Whatton?

Any idea what is it, thought possible honey buzzard but seems a long way from home

Attachments

• honeybuzzard.JPG
    honeybuzzard.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 224
And, visible on several of the birds Jan links to, the distribution of bands on the tail.

Niels

Honeys always put me in mind of accipiters when I see them (we're lucky to have a few breed near Scarborough), It's always helped me seperate them. Just a jizz thing I guess.

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back