• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 450D focussing problems (1 Viewer)

EmmaW

Hi,

I'm new to taking photos and currently using a tamron 70-300 lens but I'm really struggling to focus on my target! They always seem to come out slightly blurred and not as crisp as some of the images I see on here. Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5575.jpg
    IMG_5575.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 117
Emma a few questions

Are you shooting raw,if so what PP program are you using

If not do Canon cameras have in camera settings for jpeg

Was this shot at the 300mm end of your zoom.

I get the feeling with a full raw file to play with this image could have been sharper.

Thanks for your reply, sorry in advance but what's a PP program? Will have to check if shooting raw but think I am!

And yes at the 300mm end of zoom :)

Not to go too far at the moment but PP is your processing program,if you are shooting raw they will need sharpening and other tweaking, sometimes with 70-300 zooms you can get a little more sharpness by knocking them back to around 280mm.

Hi nikonmike,

Out of interest, do you know if Fastone has the ability to straighten the horizon ?

Cheers, George

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back