• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jay (1 Viewer)

kate43

I have had the pleasure of watching a family of 5 jay's in my garden this year, i am assuming it is mum with her 4 babies. all have been coming to the bird table, mum seems to bring her babies every year. This year i have concern for 1 of the youngsters. he has been 'in' my bird table all afternoon , you can get to within touching distance to him/her before he realises he must fly away.. he seems to be having an issue with his mouth/beak , im guessing gapes? seems he keeps trying to gag, but he is able to eat... any suggestions as to what i can do for him?

Yeah, this time of year is always a great time to view the new fledglings brought into our world. Not really sure what's going on with your fledgling. Perhaps it is just a bit slow on learning to eat the seed rather than mom/dad feeding them. I truly hope there is nothing stuck in its throat.

Hi Kate and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t: Please join in wherever you like ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back