• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

One hundred up (1 Viewer)

I clocked my 100th species today. I was pleasantly surprised to see my first Lesser Redpolls on my feeder when I got home. :t:

Attachments

• IMG_2104.JPG
    IMG_2104.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 42
Nice to think they might be a breeding pair if so you may have some young redpolls around
Soon hope so for you I always look around for them now get the odd birds in spring but have never located a nesting pair but most likely they were present, any siskins we have
Will have gone to the peak district to breed any pairs further south would be a real surprise.

A lovely garden visitor to have!

Hi kits yes redpolls they occasionally come into our silver birch to feed on the seed but i,m lucky to see them there I,m quite familiar with their metallic call notes as they fly over, between now and into summer is a real bonus if you hear some hopefully breeding birds.

I have a huge silver birch outside my study window. I shall be keeping my eyes peeled!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back