• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any Pigeons left in SE PA? (1 Viewer)

bluespiderweb

Great Grey Looking Out
Hi folks,

I've been wondering this for a while now, as I haven't seen even one, for a long time. I live in Southeastern PA, more specifically, central suburban Montgomery Co, where there is still some open space left, though not nearly what it was when I was growing up.

I've always taken to the fields and woods, and in recent years I've been wandering around them more with my binoculars. But I still haven't seen a pigeon in far too long and I miss seeing them!

Anyone know if there are any left here, or nearby? Thanks!

Plenty of them in Lehigh County. There's a colony under a bridge close to my apt. in Whitehall, and lots at various farm fields.

Thanks for the reply Jeff. It's good to hear that at least Lehigh still has pigeons! As much as people deride them, I think they are a beautiful bird. I would rather see flocks of pigeons than crows, but I even like them too!

Let's hope some head South a little now and then so I can get to see some again.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back