• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Equipment (1 Viewer)

Hay

I do apologise if I am in the wrong area or section, I am looking for something that I don't have to keep to my eyes - I end up having black bruises! I looked on the bbc wildlife site and they recommended a Nikon Ed field scope 82mm with loads of bits attached. I am looking at Birds across a valley which means the distance is quite vast. I would like something on a tripod without having to hold it up - my binoculars are on a tripod, and are good but the speed of the bird - and the weight of the binoculars, means a loss of vision. Can anyone advise me ? I wear spectacles so have to go up and down, specs/binos and just want something fixed to my sight. I would love something that took pictures too, I think I might manage it for the next two Birthdays an Christmases ! If not any experiences of good equipment for viewing would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Hay;)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back