• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (1 Viewer)

Wimpy

Hi there

I'm plaining a trip down to RSPB Sandwell this week, well if the truth is told Mrs Wimpy wants to go to IKEA!

Now I know the RSPB site has a hide and viewing stations but are there any other hides in the surrounding area?

I have been on the Birmingham.co.uk website but can't find any info specific to hides etc.

Is it worth the visit? (the Pools not Ikea!! ;))

Wimpy

Hi there

I'm plaining a trip down to RSPB Sandwell this week, well if the truth is told Mrs Wimpy wants to go to IKEA!

Now I know the RSPB site has a hide and viewing stations but are there any other hides in the surrounding area?

I have been on the Birmingham.co.uk website but can't find any info specific to hides etc.

Is it worth the visit? (the Pools not Ikea!! ;))

Wimpy

sandwell vally was a place i started off birding years ago,but havent been for ages

despite what people say it is still good for birding and holds a wide range of species,i had many lifers from there in my early years.

a lot of info can be had from the rspb site here
hope it helps
MB

Thanks MB

I think I'm OK with the RSPB reserve, it was the area around Forge Mill Lakes that abuts the RSPB site, that seems a bit vague.

Only one real way to find out!

Thanks Wimpy

the only hide over the whole valley is at the rspb centre,its just a path around the rest of the lake,but viewing is quite good over the lake

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back