• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bienvenue 'chez Nick' (2 Viewers)

Catching back up after way too long away from the forum. I won't even attempt to come up with adequate words to describe how great the work here is. It certainly convinces me I have to carve out the time to keep current with this thread!

Bacl to France for a little while, though there are still plenty of paintings from holidays that I want to do. Here we have my lifer Corncrake bombing past me , I spent a wonderful afternoon listening to them (and glimpsing this one) at a secret site in my region - sadly, we don't have many left at all - just two sites this year in a region 4/5 the size of Wales. Black Kite being inspected by a crow and then some paintings from my weekend in the uplands of Franche Comté with Mr Jonathan Williams where we had a lifer each - I finally saw Quail, he ticked Lesser Spotted Eagle (with at least 13 Hobby) and we both enjoyed some very showy Marsh Warblers.

Attachments

• paintings june 005.jpg
    paintings june 005.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 74
  • paintings june 006.jpg
    paintings june 006.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 85
  • paintings june 002.jpg
    paintings june 002.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 66
  • paintings june 003.jpg
    paintings june 003.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 89
  • paintings june 004.jpg
    paintings june 004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 85
A wonderful collection, as usual! The Marsh Warbler particularly drew me in. Sounds like a great holiday for the life list as well.

A wonderful collection, as usual! The Marsh Warbler particularly drew me in. Sounds like a great holiday for the life list as well.

I go for the Marsh Warbler as well but I don't think anything ever tops your version of lifers, like the Corn Crake. It's hard to imagine anything more exciting. And I think your being able to accomplish this, even in a fleeting view like this, is a wonderful example to us all to never give up on field sketching, even in the most difficult circumstances!

Bacl to France for a little while, though there are still plenty of paintings from holidays that I want to do. Here we have my lifer Corncrake bombing past me , I spent a wonderful afternoon listening to them (and glimpsing this one) at a secret site in my region - sadly, we don't have many left at all - just two sites this year in a region 4/5 the size of Wales. Black Kite being inspected by a crow and then some paintings from my weekend in the uplands of Franche Comté with Mr Jonathan Williams where we had a lifer each - I finally saw Quail, he ticked Lesser Spotted Eagle (with at least 13 Hobby) and we both enjoyed some very showy Marsh Warblers.

I just love the eagle cruising through the crowd of hobbies. A special memory.

Nick,..What a set of paintings!!....EVERYTHING is right about each of them...seriously,I enjoyed every detail of them..

mercès

Big shout for Black Kite and Corvid! What a painting! Brilliant latest work, good the hear your year is going so well. Birding there sounds rather amazing old chap...

where does the time fly? I think it's the first time I've had to retrieve the thread from the bottom of page three - great to see so much activity here while I've not been around much. Sorry it'll take me ages to catch up, sorry for me more than for you all! The autumn is being quite nice to me so far, despite missing a pectoral sandpiper on one of my patches. We've had lots of penduline tits, and at last found me something quite rare in the form of a juvenile white-winged tern.

Attachments

• paintings september 2012 003.jpg
    paintings september 2012 003.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 62
  • paintings september 2012 004.jpg
    paintings september 2012 004.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 60
  • paintings september 2012 006.jpg
    paintings september 2012 006.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 56
  • paintings september 2012 007.jpg
    paintings september 2012 007.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 59
  • paintings september 2012 008.jpg
    paintings september 2012 008.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 69
compensation for the missed pectoral sand was a juvenile little stint, which I watched in the same scope view as a willow tit!

Attachments

• paintings september 2012 005.jpg
    paintings september 2012 005.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 66
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back