• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripo and head for Canon 300mm 2.8L (1 Viewer)

nikosf

Hello,

I need to acquire a tripod and a tripod head for the following combination

Canon 7D MkII + 1.4 extender + 300mm 2.8L mark I

does anyone have a suggestion or any feedback on tripods+heads.

I will not be carrying it much so weight is not a limiting factor.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi there I have the Canon f2.8 with 2x with 5D mk 111 and use a Gitzo GT3542LS with a Manfotto MVH502AH, not cheap but very very stable.

Depending on how long you have been actively interested in photography my advice is to buy now for a future lens acquisition. If you have the funds I can see you wanting a 500 or 600mm lens in the future. I did !
I think Gitzo and Wimberley make a great combination.

Thanks for all responses!!

Depending on how long you have been actively interested in photography my advice is to buy now for a future lens acquisition. If you have the funds I can see you wanting a 500 or 600mm lens in the future. I did !
Dave, for the near future it seems that I will be staying with my 300mm lens -which I am very satisfied. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back