• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

change in alerts (1 Viewer)

Metermaid

I have the automatic e-mail alert options when answers appear to a thread I am reading. These have just changed - I used to get a clickable link - now I get the text of the answer in the e-mail but also a message saying there may be further answers but I won't get anymore alerts until I re-visit the forum.. Is this a general change or is it just me (I have just changed to AOL, see previous thread......I hope it's not to do with that, I don't want to stir the sleeping dogs again :) !!!!!)

cheers

Rita

Rita, that is the penalty for AOL but have you clicked the select links shield on your emails? I can assure you with aol you can't hyperlink BF, my quick way into BF is by adding it to your favourites and then if you get emails just click your favourites and you are straight into BF.
They say there is more than one way to skin a cat, and Aol does have some very unique foibles, just try different ways until you are happy with the settings. The hyperlink business is set to protect you from hackers and spammers, but there are also draw backs.

I thought it might be a security issue - as I mentioned in an earlier thread this was the main reason for getting AOL as the promise such good security - so I guess I shouldn't mind ! I have been cutting and pasting the link which is nearly as quick ! thanks for the help

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back