• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bunting? Point of Ayr N Wales (1 Viewer)

Bananafishbones

Incoherently Rambling .....
United Kingdom
I think Snow Bunting but have no ID book at the moment so really not sure

4 In bushes close to the salt marshes (they didnt leave the cover of the bushes)

Striking tail in flight

Cheers
Dave

Also
I saw what looked to be a warbler or pipit close to the bushes / shore (No pic) but it was slender olive green, light or white breast and striking red legs. Any ideas

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Point of Air it is and always was.
The colliery was named Point of Ayr (same as on the Isle of Man)but the headland is Air. That the RSPB misname it these days should not change things.

Point of Air it is and always was.....................
..........................That the RSPB misname it these days should not change things.

I don't know one way or the other and I expect it's optional (a bit like the River Lea or Lee from my home turf ) but the Ordnance Survey maps also say "Ayr", and a google search gives 1140 results for *Point of Air* and 13,800 for *Point of Ayr*.

Also
I saw what looked to be a warbler or pipit close to the bushes / shore (No pic) but it was slender olive green, light or white breast and striking red legs. Any ideas

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Anyone got any ideas?
The bright red legs were its striking feature looked very much like a warbler of somesort

Point of Air it is and always was.
The colliery was named Point of Ayr (same as on the Isle of Man)but the headland is Air. That the RSPB misname it these days should not change things.

Couldn't have put it better, Terry. Slightly off thread but it's THE Wirral when you're talking about the peninsula, Wirral when you're talking about the political entity.
Chris

Also

Cheers

Anyone got any ideas?
The bright red legs were its striking feature looked very much like a warbler of somesort[/QUOTE]

Meadow Pipit possibly?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back