• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leupold Golden Ring HD 8x32 Same As Alpen Rainier 8x32 ???? (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
Hi ... anyone compare the two ? Just saw the Rainier 8x32 on sale at REI for $499. The Rainer 8x32 picture & spec's look alot like the Leupold's, except Alpens don't mention HD glass. Both come from Japan & the original retail prices before they were discounted are also very close. .... Thanks gwen

Leupold Golden Ring HD 8x32 Same as Alpen Rainer 8x32

IMHO the Leupolds were constructed using lenses from Japan made to Leupold's specifications and assembled here in the US at Leupold's plant using a combination of components both from Japan the US.
Leupold did their own QC.
I doubt they would assemble and do QC for Alpen.
Bet these are Chinese glasses with HD glass made for Alpen by one of the many companies there.
Art

To me also they are very much alike and I own both models. The ALPEN Rainiers are also made in Japan and are quite nice and heavy.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back