• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Book Recommendations (1 Viewer)

AidenD

I was wondering if anybody had any good bock recommendations about birds? My personal favorites are Beaks, Bones and Bird Songs: How the Struggle for Survival Has Shaped Birds and Their Behavior by Roger Lederer and the Thing With Feathers by Noah Stryker.

I've been reading 'The Genius of Birds' by Jennifer Ackerman and really enjoying it so far.

An excellent book which I read with great pleasure soon after it came out. There's a picture of a Scrub-jay on the cover, one of my favorite birds which I see in my yard every day. Highly recommended.

My personal favourite of the Noah Stryker-type ones is unquestionably Kingbird Highway by Kenn Kaufman, it's a masterpiece. Also anything by Pete Dunne, eg Golden Wings etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back