• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Camera! Cygnus olor (1 Viewer)

Marysan

I'd like to share my good news with you all. Many of you know that I sent my Nikon CP 775 in to have the flash repaired on Oct. 29th and it wasn't returned to me until Dec. 17th. Well, the flash worked fine but the color balance was messed up. I returned the camera to the store on Dec.26, and the next day Nikon sent word that my $400 2.1 megapixel camera would be fully replaced with a $500 4.0 megapixel dig cam, the Nikon CP 4300. Let's hear it for Nikon! I picked up my new camera yesterday and this pic is one of my firsts with CP 4300.

Attachments

• 8927swan.jpg
    8927swan.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 129
Well Congratulations Marysan that is wonderful news... it is a good thing that Nikon has done this.. they could not afford to pay for the good press they will get from this generous act.. I think it is wonderful that you benefit from it.. and may I say that is a great start to taking photographs with your NEW camera...

Marysan, I really like the way the bird is situated in this photo. The diagonal representation of the bird is eye capturing. Good work. Nikon does have a good reputation in the service department. Unlike Canon, which camera I happen to own, but luckily have not had problems. Other people with my same camera have, and were not treated well by Canon (all different parts of the world).

Thanks, everybody. I'd like to add that I didn't even have to pay the hefty California state tax of 7 & 3/4% on the camera. I have a friend who also got a full replacement on his 995 Nikon CP that was still under warranty.

Marysan... just to respond to your "WHOPPING CA STATE TAX OF 7 & 3/4% TAX"
We pay 15% provincial and federal tax here!!! I would bow to a small excise such as yours!

Gaye,

Now I have even more reason to be thankful that I live in Southern CA!

Check out the thread Peter has started in "Ruffled Feathers" and give your input, please. For myself, after a night of rain the sun is coming out and I'm heading for San Diego Wild Animal Park with my new camera this morning. Will check back later.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back