• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another newbie here... (1 Viewer)

Chris B.

Although I've been a photographer for over 30 years, with many of those as a pro, I just recently learned about digiscoping and I'm eager to invest in some gear to get me started. I'm partial to Canon (cameras at least since they do not appear to make scopes). I'd like to get a good scope to start out but don't have the $$ to get one of the "primo" ones like a Kowa or a Leica. And I'd like to get a small digital camera with a movable LCD. My current gear includes a 30D dslr, an S3 IS "super zoom" and an A710IS compact. I tend to research things heavily before I plunge in but one of primary goals is sharpness. There seems to be a lot of information out there on this subject but determining what is useful and what isn't is difficult at this stage of the game. Any opinions, suggestions will be immensely appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris and welcome to Bird Forum from all the Staff and Moderators

Happy New Year to you

D

I am really sorry I can't help you with your question, but if that is who Delia says it is...........can you do something about the crap weather here in Britain please??

Hiya, welcome to the forum. Personally I use a Kowa TS-614 (which I bought second hand) and Fuji F31 FD camera. I think the whole set up cost about £500. I also have a Panasonic FZ18 with Olympus Tcon 17. I can tell you now that for most of the time, in good light I am using the panasonic. But in the UK in winter and over longer distances the digiscoping set up has the edge, and that is really noticeable.

Here are some pictures, check the exif data to see what they were taken with:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8773601@N03/sets/72157600330213190/

Good luck in your search.

Jo

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back