• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Backyard Photos (1 Viewer)

dianeh

Sara sent me this photo a few weeks ago and I told her we would have to wait until we moved here to post it. She was having knee replacement surgery yesterday but maybe she will see it when she gets back online.

Here's what Sara said about "Bucky"
Hi Jeff - Bucky has 9 points - that's how I know him - odd number as
well as he's a blondie - on top of head! Last year about this time I
saw him eating the corn and about 15 mins later he came out of the
woods with bloody stumps - antler rack gone!! Wish I'd seen the
fight! At least I knew he was "safe" from zealous hunters!! Same
thing this year - he had full rack last week and last night only one
sharp point!! Maybe he knows the trick of being undesireable. I do
have photos of him - have to look them up - not digital and scan a
few - he's a beauty!

Attachments

• sarasbuck.jpg
    sarasbuck.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 276
I thought the pictures would be full size in the post but that doesn't seem to be the case. However, if you click on the little picture, it opens in another window to full size.

diane

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, a handsome fellow he is!

The deer in my neck of the woods are starting to come for 'dinner' around dusk again....as they did all last winter and into the spring.

What a treat it is to watch them and the cavortings that go on...they ARE hard on the lawn, but it always seems to recover by summer. Beautiful animals.

Can't say that I have a "Bucky" in my woods, but I enjoyed seeing yours, Sara. Hope you are feeling better every day.

Birds at my feeder

Here's some of the birds that came to my yard this weekend.

Attachments

• 2cards2.jpg
    2cards2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 206
  • fcard_2spar.jpg
    fcard_2spar.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 205
  • gfinch.jpg
    gfinch.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 193
  • junco.jpg
    junco.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 212
  • titmouse.jpg
    titmouse.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 211
jeffdebra said:
Okay now, I have to learn all over again. How do I post pictures here?

Hi Jeffdebra,

There are a couple of different ways in which you can add photos. Perhaps the easiest is as has been used on this thread which is done by using the 'manage attachments' feature to browse your hard drive for a photo to add to a thread.

At the bottom of this thread is a 'quick reply box', ignore it and hit the green 'post reply' box to the top left of it. This brings up a new page with another text box but more importantly further features that enable you to add you photos. Enter whatever text you like in the box. Below it you will see the 'manage attachments' button. Hit it and another window will open up which lets you browse your hard drive for a photo to add. Once you locate your photo on your hard drive, click 'add this file' wait a few moments and it will appear listed in the window. You can add up to five photos per thread using this method. Whether you want to add just one or however many, once you have selected your photos, hit the 'all done' and you will be returned to the text window. Hit 'submit reply' and the photos will appear as click able thumbnails as in the rest of this thread. Thumbnails have been used for embedded images so that more can be added to just one thread.

Photos can also be added using html to post links from wherever they have been hosted. There is a generous allocation of Gallery space for each member to use, so photos can be posted in the Gallery and the hyperlink copied and posted directly into a thread. The link will appear in the text. Three are various other refinements that can be made to the hyperlink method which I'll go into at some later time if you wish.

I hope this info is helpful.

dianeh said:
Ahh, the cardianls look so cute together.

Can't agree more, if there is one bird from the USA we could have over here, it's the Cardinal I'd choose.

Margaret ( Ian's other half )

I know. I am always so surprised by people who come to Cape May from some place where they don't have cardinals and they are so impressed with them. I shouldn't take them for granted!

Me, too! Cardinals are great beauties but not my favorites. In my case I think it has something to do with the color red.

THanks Diane for the post - still having trouble finding my way around this site. Medication (dizzy) doesn't help. Get the "zipper" (staples) off tomorrow - can't wait. Saw the myrtle warbler again today on same spot on my roof! Quite a gaggle of songbirds all crowded my very small crabapple tree - 4 tits,3chicks,and a pair of c.wrens who started the ruckus - announcing I still don't know what. Do any of the above actually eat the tiny crabapples? They weren't today!

amasara said:
THanks Diane for the post - still having trouble finding my way around this site. Medication (dizzy) doesn't help. Get the "zipper" (staples) off tomorrow - can't wait. ? !
I think that we need a special thread for the sick and lame. Yesterday I caught mt right thumb in a snowblower so it's a bit of a mess. Surgery tomorrow. I'm very much afraid that I may not make the CBC on Sunday although my wife has volunteered to drive. We'll see how I am by then, not sure that I can handle my new binos.
In my own defense, the snowblower has a deadman switch and shouldn't have been turning but for some reason it was. I'm typing left handed so forgive any typos.

Ouch!

That sounds nasty Dan :-C . I hope you didn't lose too much of your thumb. Fingers crossed (sorry, English humour) it won't prevent you from some serious birding this weekend:t:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your snowblower mishap, Dan. Surgeons these days can do amazing things. You will have to use one hand to focus those binos. I'm sure your birds will cheer you up......speedy recovery!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back