• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

weird behavior (1 Viewer)

lfshadow

Hi,
Please Help!
I have a Robin that sits on the edge of my BBQ grill which is next to a glass French door. This Robin flies from the grill and smashes into the window (which is only 4 ft. away). So I covered the window with a trash bag and then she flies over to the kitchen window and smashes into it, then another window. She will even fly around to the other side of the house and do it, like she's trying to get in. She will do this all day long, and she does it every 1 or 2 minutes. She did this last year too, but she finally quit and built a nest right above the door. The nest was on a ledge and after the eggs hatched, one of the babys fell out and died.

Why is this bird doing this? What can I do to get her to stop besides having all of my windows covered in the Spring? Should I make her a better/safer place above the door to build a nest? (Which is fine. I enjoy having the baby birds).
Is this normal? Is she retarded or something? How do I get her to stop this?

Thanks,

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back