• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

South Spain (1 Viewer)

pjleitao

Hi all,

Can someone recommend me a good book with birdwatching site descriptions for South Spain (around Granada and north up to the Guadalquivir valley)?

Thank you in advance

Pedro Leitao

pjleitao said:
Hi all,
Can someone recommend me a good book with birdwatching site descriptions for South Spain (around Granada and north up to the Guadalquivir valley)?
Thank you in advance
Pedro Leitao

Hi Pedro.

Greetings from across the border in Spain.

I would suggest that the "Where to watch birds in southern and western Spain" book, by Ernest Garcia and Andy Paterson would be the best book for this area.

Regards from Doñana.

John.

John Butler said:
I would suggest that the "Where to watch birds in southern and western Spain" book, by Ernest Garcia and Andy Paterson would be the best book for this area.John.

Yes, that book has served me well, too. It has the ISBN # 0-7136-5301-9.

In addition, I have also used and been happy with "Where to watch birds in Spain" (ISBN 84-87334-14-8), published by Lynx Editions.

Hope you'll have a successful birding time.

John Butler said:
Hi Pedro.

Greetings from across the border in Spain.

I would suggest that the "Where to watch birds in southern and western Spain" book, by Ernest Garcia and Andy Paterson would be the best book for this area.

Regards from Doñana.

John.

Hi again,

Thanks a lot for the recommendation. I should be over there in early november (attending a workshop nearby), and will take a few days off to go birding. It is a part of Spain I have never been, so hopefully I will see some interesting birds...

It's been a while I haven't been in Doñana, what a great place, any interesting news from over there?

Cheers,

Pedro

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back