• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panama booked for 3 months Feb -Apr 2011 (1 Viewer)

Coati

Yo Vi Quetzales!
Hi

Just booked flights a s above - exciting

Booked in at Ivans B&B subject to confirmation, then hopefully over to the Volcan/Bocquette area, plenty to fill in 3 months is quite a good time!! It seems I will get to walk the pipeline road :_)

Any help/suggestions appreciated

Coati - My wife and I spent some time in Gamboa at Ivan's this past May. Trip report posted sometime in the summer. PM me with any questions the report doesn't answer; I'll be happy to pass along any other details.

Steve

There are a number of reports in the vacation section, including mine from a while back ;)

With that kind of time, you may have time to get to some places off the beaten track such as the Azuero Peninsula, Isla Coiba, etc. Enjoy!

Niels

Hi

Just booked flights a s above - exciting

Booked in at Ivans B&B subject to confirmation, then hopefully over to the Volcan/Bocquette area, plenty to fill in 3 months is quite a good time!! It seems I will get to walk the pipeline road :_)

Any help/suggestions appreciated

Check my trip report so you could have and idea of Veraguas Province: Cerro Hoya National Park, Santa Fe National Park and Coiba Island National Park
There is plenty to visit!!!
http://www.travellingbirder.com/tripreports/reports/10091525433_birding_trip_report.pdf

I'm hoping to visit Panama in Feb or March (staying with a friend in Panama City) for a while, than perhaps spending some time in Costa Rica too. However, 3 months is just showing off!!!!! I'll be lucky to get 3 weeks!!!

Well, three weeks will be a nice intro to Panama ... (that is the same length of my stay when I visited).

Niels

Hahha Jon; btw thx to everyone else; very nice reort above Venicioguess I am lucky will soon be broke too lol

having lots of trouble finding places to stay though.
Gamboa is sorted, as is our first 4 days near the city.
Hoped to go west to Amistad ie Chirriqui but cant find a house ; hoped to rent for a month ;ideas welcome. (couple of possibles on VRBO)

After that will probably head for the seaside somewhere, and then MAYBE Darien

I really could do with some more suggestions of good, moderately priced accom

HELP! LOL

Rich

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back