• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding spots near Bocas del toro and Panama city or further south (1 Viewer)

ManakusCR

Hi all birding fellows!

I have been thinking of visiting Panama Lately, I am from Costa Rica and have several years birding my country now and thought its time to look for some species for my life list in our neighbor country.

I will be traveling by ground from CR and will drive to David city and head for Bocas del toro, after that I would like to go to Panama city so we get to see the canal and do some city trips and if time and $ allows head a little further south.

Is there any suggestions you can please provide such as local birding hot spots near the mentioned areas, maybe places I can see things different from what I get here in CR. I know this is not an entirely birding trip as I do plan so R and R while in bocas but sure will love to see whats around.

I appreciate your advise.
Johan

An old report I made contains mention of several sites around those areas: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=106934

There is a book out on where to watch birds in Panama.

Just for your info: both Panama City and Colon at the other end of the canal had some crime problems when we visited. The areas we visited seemed very safe.

Niels

An old report I made contains mention of several sites around those areas: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=106934

There is a book out on where to watch birds in Panama.

Just for your info: both Panama City and Colon at the other end of the canal had some crime problems when we visited. The areas we visited seemed very safe.

Niels

Thank you very much Niels! I will read your post and hope to find what I am looking for :) thank you for the info about the crime in those areas, I will keep that in mind. I hope you do not mind if I bug around with questions.:king:

Thanks
Johan

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back