• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trip Report: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Jan 2006 (1 Viewer)

Gavia

I’ve just completed a very detailed trip report for the Puerto Vallarta area. Our group was based there for two weeks January 2006, and as this area continues to be ill-served by trip reports, I decided to go a bit overboard on this one.

We stayed at a resort 30 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta, in the town of Bucerias, Nayarit State. During our two weeks we made visits to the following sites/areas:

State of Nayarit:
Bucerias
El Guamuchil
Laguna de Quelele
San Sebastian del Oeste
San Blas
Islas Marietas (Marietas Islands)
Rio Ameca
Punta de Mita

State of Jalisco:
El Tuito

The report, in particular, provides considerable information regarding El Guamuchil, San Sebastian del Oeste, and Laguna de Quelele, including maps for the latter site. I’ve also created provisional species lists for five sites, in downloadable PDF format: El Guamuchil, Bucerias, Laguna de Quelele, San Sebastian del Oeste, and El Tuito.

I hope this report will provide much needed assistance to anyone vacationing in the Puerto Vallarta area, and I think it demonstrates that the area is a worthy birding destination in its own right, and not merely a budget vacation destination.

The report may be found by going to the following web site,

http://maybank.tripod.com/Mexico/Nayarit-Index.htm

and choosing the Jalisco & Nayarit - Jan 2006 Birding Trip Report.

I welcome any comments, suggestions, mentions of errors, etc.

Safe travels, and good birding,

Blake Maybank
author, "Birding Sites of Nova Scotia"
http://maybank.tripod.com/BSNS.htm

mailto:[email protected]

144 Bayview Drive,
White's Lake, Nova Scotia
CANADA

Blake,
Excellent trip report. We visited the area several years ago and just had three days of birding - but they were all fantastic. Wish I could have found a trip report like your's when planning our trip. Thanks for posting it.

I also see this is your first post - so - welcome to Birdforum.

Great job and very informative report, I enjoyed reading this and it certianly must have been an exciting trip.I will have to go back to the report again to fully digest it.
Wonderful ! thanks-
steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back