• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I find Pipits devilish confusing.... (1 Viewer)

Mike Robinson

That is always assuming they are Pipits!

I saw a couple of birds beside the Thames at Rainham per the attached pictures (one picture tolerable the other pretty dire). I have however seen that pretty awful pictures cannot deter some people here.

I think they are both Pipits; the bird in the dire picture (the second attachment) seemed smaller than the bird in the better picture (the first attachment). With a just about visible white eye stripe could this possibly be a Water Pipit please? The bird in the better picture I'm wondering, Meadow Pipit or Rock Pipit, please?

As always, a million thanks in advance ....

Attachments

• pipitrainham.jpg
    pipitrainham.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 157
  • pipitrainham2.jpg
    pipitrainham2.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 154
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back