• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canada's resident hummingbirds (1 Viewer)

Dana Dana

I had a great season this year though my computer had a time out .
The Rufous came and went, as they always do and the resident Anna's are left to fend off each other from the few remaining flowers. I supply them with feeders all winter so that they may thrive rather than just survive.
This was a year of the boys. One female has shown up now and then, more now that it is colder and most people have taken down their feeders, not realizing that we have the wee birds all year round. I figured out that one when they kept coming to the blossoms of the Winter Jasmine year after year.
Here are a few of the boys. There were maybe 6 regulars this past late summer and fall. It's getting harder to tell how many now that most of them have their mature colours.
But this little spunky guy is one I called the little boss as he moved all other comers out of the yard, including Rufous earlier in the year.
UNIeH.jpg

3XUBy.jpg

This is a different juvenile bird.
plUo8.jpg

Sitting out of the first rain in the shelter of an overhang. I looking out of a 2nd story window.
LI149.jpg

A mature early morning feeder.
kcxQc.jpg

This gent has a mustache! It's not just a one day thing and helps to distinguish him from the others.

PS
could not find a way to upload from imgur

Attachments

• 11-23-2012_154127(2).JPG
    11-23-2012_154127(2).JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back