• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic GH 2 body (1 Viewer)

I am also looking forward in excitement for this body. I plan to use it with my Nikkor 180-600 mm f8 lens together with a front lens converter (1.5X) and backside converter (2X). In these combination(s) there will be 360 to 7200 mm (7.2X to 144X) magnification, that will use 50+ mm very high quality glass and about half of 35 mm film surface area cmos. I believe I can use this combination in 800+ ISO without any significant image degradation. And if I can crack Panasonic's internal software and get a higger bit rate (i.e. 38mbps or more) and 60 fps fullHD (progressive), I assume this body will give a higher quality ultra televideography footage than Sony EX3+same lens(es) combination. New digital devices bring old lenses to life :)

Murat Ozcelik

I wait new panasonic GH 2 body which shall be good choice to videoscoping.

I tested a prototype a few weeks ago and it looks really good. It is the first photo camera I have seen with somewhat more advanced video mode setup possibilities. I was impressed by the 45mm objective, but the 20mm pancake is likely to be the bread-and-butter lens for most digiscopers.

here is my first review on the GH2 for digiscoping: http://alpinebirds.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-panasonic-lumix-gh2-for-digiscoping.html

Actually come to think of it, it is a really nice camera and very tempting with some significant improvements over the GH1 and G2.

Happy digiscoping,
Dale

a question: what is the best solution to connect a panasonic gh1 (or gh2 or gf1) to a kowa tsn-883?

a) tsn-883 +[/B] tsn-pz or tsn-pa6 + tsn-cm2 (for 4/3) + panasonic DMW-MA1 (adapter 4/3 to m4/3) + panasonic camera body

or

b) tsn-883 + tsn-va3 + adapter ring tsn-ar + panasonic lens + panasonic camera body

first solution
pro: less number of lenses => bigger image quality, lightness
con: no autofocus

second solution
pro: autofocus
con: weight, more lenses => worse image quality

a question: what is the best solution to connect a panasonic gh1 (or gh2 or gf1) to a kowa tsn-883?

a) tsn-883 +[/B] tsn-pz or tsn-pa6 + tsn-cm2 (for 4/3) + panasonic DMW-MA1 (adapter 4/3 to m4/3) + panasonic camera body

or

b) tsn-883 + tsn-va3 + adapter ring tsn-ar + panasonic lens + panasonic camera body

first solution
pro: less number of lenses => bigger image quality, lightness
con: no autofocus

second solution
pro: autofocus
con: weight, more lenses => worse image quality

This shall be best choice
tsn-883 + tsn-va3 + adapter ring tsn-ar + Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm f/2.8 ASPH OIS + panasonic camera body
see test result
http://www.photozone.de/olympus--four-thirds-lens-tests/490-leica_45_28

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back