• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winner Announced; Next Drawing July 10th: Win a Pair of PRIME HD binoculars (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a fleeting thunderstorm an hour ago. I was hoping for a bit more rain to go with it so I could skip the watering tonight. :-C

David

Wildlife Blog...blog...blag...blah... A chipmunk came through a hole in the garage door that I thought I had plugged, and one of my cats caught it and brought it upstairs in his mouth. I told him not to bite the "chippy," and he let it go and I picked up the cat and put him on the cellar steps and closed the door.

The chippy went underneath the couch. I moved the couch and he came out and went into the kitchen, I talked to him (he knows my voice, I feed him seeds and peanuts outside, think he's the one who lives on the west side of the house). Told him, "Go outside," and I opened the front door and he was able to run outside. He looked like he survived the attack except his head was covered with a dust bunny. I plugged the hole in the garage door with a spatula for now, will give it a proper covering when I have more time, right now, I'm on deadline - writing about "Too Big to Fail" again and the defense industry for next issue. Blah...blah...blah....

Yesterday, I found a robin chick outside the garage door. With two feral cats roaming the woods in back of the house, it wouldn't have survived the night, so I took it to my vet, who holds orphaned animals and fowl for the wildlife rescue organization, which will come and pick her up and take care of her until she's ready to fly and then release her back into the wild.

Two animal rescues this week so far...

Brock 6/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back