• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic/Leica Objektiv DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm 2.8 ASPH OIS (1 Viewer)

musti

Has somebody tryed digiscoping with Panasonic/Leica Objektiv DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm 2.8 ASPH OIS.

If somebody owns this objective, please tell me, shall the length of objective changed when focusing.

Thanks, what are your opinion from this lens in digiscoping, do you use autofocus in camera and how it will work with this lens.

Musti, all I can say is that it gives good results with my Zeiss 85 scope and 20x60 eyepiece. Any vignetting is minimal. I use the autofocus with the GF1 and it locks on quickly. One advantage is the 2.8 aperture which makes for a bright screen. It is also a very good macro lens. :t:

May be a 45 is a bit long (compareable to a 90 on 35mm) so it starts at 2250 on my 25-50 zoom.
I tried it on a shop, but I was not able to mount it on my Swaro DCB-A (5mm to long). I tried handhold, but of course this don't give good results.

So I still think about it, but I have to buy then also a new adapter.

Now I have this lens and I like it.
Focusing will be work fine.

I made quickly test, sorry no birds founded

panasonic GF1
Panasonic 45mm F2.8
20 - 60x kowa zoom
kowa 883

any vinjetting

zoom20.jpg = zoom in 20 x position
zoom40.jpg = zoom in 40 x position

Attachments

• zoom20.jpg
    zoom20.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 200
  • zoom40.jpg
    zoom40.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 200
Panasonic Gf1 and 45mm F 2.8
Kowa TE-20H andd Kowa 883

crop of 10 euros

Attachments

• euro.jpg
    euro.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
This 45 macro is not that cheap. According to dpreview.com it is not more sharp as the 20mm pancake :C
I own the 20 pancake. I like the G1 with pancake, functionality, speed and so on. But on the other hand my P6000 make better (sharper) pics behind the scope - on shorter distances the pancake is ok.
Thats why I was interested in pictures. On the right (40mm) picture the details of the needles seems to be away, what was the distnace of the tree?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back