• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new Zeiss 10x42 Victory SF T* (1 Viewer)

bockos

Hi, is there anybody who has tested the new zeiss sf 10x42t*? What is the difference with the old zeiss 10x42sf? Is the new zeiss sf 10x42t* with better resolution and contrast? Thanks!

I can't compare to the older models but I did just purchase the new Victory SF 10x42 and they are fantastic. The only thing that I can compare them with would be the Swaro EL but in my opinion Zeiss surpasses them.

Hi, is there anybody who has tested the new zeiss sf 10x42t*? What is the difference with the old zeiss 10x42sf? Is the new zeiss sf 10x42t* with better resolution and contrast? Thanks!

Hi Bockos

T* is not an official part of the SF model-name. T* is a family of coatings applied to all Victory-class binos (HT and SF). So T* is not something newly applied to recent SFs.

The recently introduced SFs with black armour have an improved focuser but Zeiss has not mentioned any optical improvements although it is likely that the T* coatings are continuously being improved.

Comparing an old SF 8x with grey armour and a recent black armour SF8x one there were some subtle differences in colour balance but whether this was just the difference between one unit and another or an improvement applied to all recent SFs I don't know.

For sure the focuser is very nice on the black version and also on many older grey ones.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back