• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Question regarding "sleep mode" (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
Putting my desktop in sleep mode, will that prevent my computer doing it's scheduled virus scan?

I think that might depend on the setup of the machine. My PC in sleep mode stops all HD activity as well. I think the scan will probably in my case be started at the first possible time after the scheduled time, in other words when the PC wake up again.

Niels

Ah okay. Thanks Niels. As I have it set to check at a certain time and I have it programmed to turn off when done, I think I'm gonna have to do some testing. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back