• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Calling all Bird Bloggers! (3 Viewers)

This thread is seriously old but I don't want to make a new one so I command this thread to live.

My blog, mostly filled with 1-view posts (hint hint):

Good timing, I was wondering about this blog thing myself ... like what kind of person reads blogs, and why and how often. Noticed a lot of blogs seem to be from photographers with not an awful lot of content, but a lot of comments and seem quite popular. 'Googling' eg 'good bird blogs' doesn't really seem to come up with any kind of link to anywhere reviewing good blogs (unless I've missed it).

One thing I have noticed is it seems to be good to get onto a 'blog web-ring' or whatever it's called, where people have have a blog list which gets updated when a new post is made - that must generate a lot more traffic as opposed to random internet searches.

http://stonefactionbirding2014.blogspot.co.uk/

My wee blog which generally consists of full reports of what I've seen where and when I've been out and about birding locally up here on the east of Scotland (usually around Dundee/Angus/Fife though sometimes into Perthshire, Lothian, Speyside, Aberdeenshire too), along with a selection of photos taken that day.

Surprised myself by managing to keep it going all last year. I post links to it on my facebook and flickr pages but I only have a handful of definite regular readers. There's a lot of work goes into it, so a few more wouldn't go amiss (please).

I started a blog this year as I'd been told I should by quite a lot of people, so here it is: https://birdingwithgus.wordpress.com
I do fairly random posts about outings and how my year list is getting on and also about my John Muir award in Holyrood Park in Edinburgh. Having just had a look at my blog myself, I've realised there are also quite a lot of phonescoped shots from my bedroom window. But anyway, hope you enjoy if you feel inclined to check it out :)

My blog is mainly about birding in the Midlands with the odd trip further afield. There is a lot of Phonescoping content which has proved popular.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back