• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flashgun advice please. (1 Viewer)

James

I'm losing it!
Hi folks. I have a Canon 5D and I have a need for a flashgun. As the need to use a flashgun is quite rare and the need for quality not extreme I was considering a cheaper alternative to the big Canon models.

Would you recommend the Canon 270EX or another manufacturers product? The reason I am considering the 270EX is also due to its neat size and lightness which would be a bonus but if there is a much better or cheaper option that would be fine.

Any help gratefully received.

James

Another one worth consider is a second hand canon 380EX you can normally pick these up on fleebay for less than £80.

I guess it depends on what you want the flash for. I splashed out on a 430EX and found that once I'd bought it the more uses I found for it!

Be careful if you go for older flashguns, the trigger voltage on the older Canon EZ models can damage modern digi SLRs.

I just bought this off kerso to-day in his clearance lists Sigma 530 EF-530 DG SUPER ELECTRONIC FLASH £149 + postage check it out

I just bought this off kerso to-day in his clearance lists Sigma 530 EF-530 DG SUPER ELECTRONIC FLASH £149 + postage check it out

Hmmm, that's a nice price. Anybody know if it'll work as a remote slave with a 580exII? All the info I can find only refers to using it with another EF-530.

Hmmm, that's a nice price. Anybody know if it'll work as a remote slave with a 580exII? All the info I can find only refers to using it with another EF-530.

Thats why I bought it, Price :-O Give kerso a email he will tell you if it will work with a 580exII.......

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back