• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the July 2006 competition winners - theme 'Birds and People' (1 Viewer)

IanF

This month's photo competition theme 'Birds and People' turned out to be a bit of a two horse race with mw_aurora's 'Photographing Terns' and Marysan's 'Untitled' running neck and neck virtually since voting began and almost requiring a photo finish!

Congratulations though to mw_aurora who attracted 41/134 votes in winning this months competition with the entry 'Photographing Terns' :t:

Second place goes to Marysan with the entry 'Untitled' which attracted 40/134 votes.

Third place goes to mrmike with 'Downy Woodpecker' having attracted 10/134 votes.

The entries will remain in place another 48 hrs after which they will be moved to their respective forums. Details of the August competition will be then announced.

Thanks to all that voted and well done to all that entered. Excellent image Marysan - the close competition certainly was fun!

Cheers

Mark.

Congratulations mw_aurora a fantastic photo, Congratulations Marysan another fantastic capture it was very diffult to choose between the two, and mrmike another great photo, this has been the hardest yet for me to vote on. Well done to everyone who entered.

Many Thanks!

Congratulations to mw on his win but I don't feel like a loser. I came out of the July competition with 680 views of my entry and 31 uplifting comments. I will treasure those wonderful comments for the rest of my life. Many thanks to all of you who took the time to view my entry, vote for me, and to make super positive comments. You are all invited to view the body of my work at http://www.picturetrail.com/marysan .

Many Thanks,
Mary (Marysan) Claypool

Peregrinator said:
Your photo is a classic Marysan. It will stay in my mind a long time.

Last edited:
I would also like to congratulate mw_aurora and marysan on their first and second place win. I'm happy to place in the top three. This was a first time for me and to place third is a good start. Thanks to those who voted for me. I appreciate your comments.

Sincerely
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back