• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the winners of the November 2006 photo competition - Digiscoped Birds (1 Viewer)

IanF

We had one leader right from the start of voting but the placings were always pretty close and in the end couldn't be separated.

Congratulations once again to avan - two wins in consecutive months - the clear winner having attracted 22/137 votes with the another Owl capture this one titled lunch time. Avan used a Nikon 82ED with a DS30X and a Nikon CP4500.

Joint second with 15/137 votes were -

Our very popular Dr.Manjeet Singh from Malaysia using a Kowa TD1 with his entry Sentry Caught Napping...lol

and

another popular Gallery member who also makes regular contributions mikibedi with his entry Out on a limb... using a Leica 77 and a Nikon CP4500.

Congratulations to the winners and to everyone who participated both in submitting entries and in taking the time to view them, cast your vote and comment on them.

It looks like Digiscoped Birds may become a regular theme.

The entries will remain in place a couple of days before details of the December competition are posted.

congrats Avan ,a worthy winner,a great shot.also very well done to Manjeet(your scope is doing you proud these days!!),and Mikibedi,very good.

Thank you very much to everybody and congratulation to other winner and also to other that have send picture. The quality as usual was very high and so i'm a bit embarrased. A special mention to dr manjeet for is sens of humour and non competitive attitude, a model. Thanks

Congratulations to the winners. This was a very tough competition, all those chosen were excellent photos. Looking forward to December's competition.

:hi: Please you Guys and Girls and Singhs(there are two more in the Birdforum)-there were better pictures of birds then mine and believe me i joined just for fun and always will.I do feel |=(| sad that the bird i voted for didnt win.Thanks for all your support and IT WAS FUN WASNT IT-but i wonder we have so many members and so few voted-my dream is to see thousands of members voting and leaving the mods with huge headachs. :D
Thank you again to all who took part and those who voted.For the Ladies from me :flowers: ,for the Guys B :) and for the Singhs...errm??? :clap:
Congrats to the no-1 from avan- mikebedi-your picture was bird on the limb(2nd) congrats too -i hope you win the next comp. :clap: :clap:

Congratulations to everyone who took part in this month's competition, winners or not. I must agree with Manjeet, so many members but so few voters. Is it because the majority of members are not interested, or maybe they are unaware of the competition and their opportunity to vote. Perhaps these competitions could be better publicised. Come on members, give a little more support to the partcipants.

Congratulations Avan a very worthy win of a difficult shot. Congrats Manjeet and mikibedi an excellent tie for second. Well done to everyone who entered, all the photos were brilliant.

Had a day off work yesterday, so missed the competition results. Only entered for a bit of fun really, so was a bit surprised at a joint second, thanks all for voting. Did think Manjeet's picture was a dead cert winner, so good job i'm not a gambler :) Congratulations to Manjeet & of course to the winner, Avan.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back