• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Butterflies of Croatia 2. (1 Viewer)

string boozel

A few more butterfly pictures from my recent trip. I think that they show Queen of Spain and Lesser Spotted Fritillaries, Painted Lady, Adonis and Lang's Short-tailed Blue.

James.

Attachments

• 255.JPG
    255.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 234.JPG
    234.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 161.JPG
    161.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 284.JPG
    284.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 157.JPG
    157.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 62
I agree with #1, #2, #3 & #5 but I think #4 is mostly likely a Common Blue, though without a clear underwing view it's difficult to say!

Shane

Hi Shane, I've got a couple of underwing shots which may help. There were many what I took to be Common Blues around, this species appeared to be a more HD shade of blue but that could be down to individual variation.

James.

Attachments

• 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 059.JPG
    059.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 64
Thanks, that just makes me wonder what all the other blues that I thought were Commons might have been! Oh well nobody said that this malarkey was easy.

James.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back