• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greenhouse Blackie update. (1 Viewer)

BazR

bazr
Hi All.
There are still two baby Blackies in the garden, and both are responding to visits from parent birds, :t: so it would seem that all's well with the greenhouse baby.

All the best.
Baz.

BazR said:
Hi All.
There are still two baby Blackies in the garden, and both are responding to visits from parent birds, :t: so it would seem that all's well with the greenhouse baby.

All the best.
Baz.

Oh, that's good news Baz. Somehow I missed this thread yesterday, probably interrupted by OH for something...got to blame someone!!

Hooray!
That's good news Baz, thank goodness you noticed him, especially with this warm weather.
thanks for the update.

Hi Baz,

Great news. It's always a bit of a worry until you're sure that the parents have relocation the wanderer.

You're way ahead of us, plenty of adults charging around, quarreling, gathering food (and nesting material still!) but no sign of fledglings yet. In fact I haven't seen a young bird of ANY species this year so far.

Bill.

A pair of collard dove chicks appeared today just before I left for work! They have nested in a tree right next to my feeders and the bird bath.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back