• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Plant ID?? (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
Greetings all

I found this clump of ?????? growing by the side of the field this afternoon and wondered what it was?, it was growing about two feet high.It kind of reminded me of solomons seal from the garden, but the leaves are different?

Any ideas..

Matt

Attachments

• mattspics 141 (Custom).jpg
    mattspics 141 (Custom).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 23
  • mattspics 142 (Custom).jpg
    mattspics 142 (Custom).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 24
Hi Matt,
It reminds me of the Pulmonaria plants I have in the garden, mine are pink and blue, but there is a white one. Have a "Google" and see what you think.
P.S. Just found this picture on the "Crocus" plants site. What d'you think??

Attachments

• Pulmonaria 'Sissinghurst White'.jpg
    Pulmonaria 'Sissinghurst White'.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Definately Comfrey aka "knitbone". A healing herb used for easing bruises etc.but I'm not sure how. Good as green or liquid manure too.

maurice

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back