• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Imagic 65 with 27xw eyepiece (1 Viewer)

karpman

Hey and thanks in advance

I am new birder come to the hobby as a fishing addon/moved one.
Already had a set of bin sub 50 pounds but decided they would do and to spend my limited budget on a scope by limited I mean 180 max.
I went over to focus optics and wow what a service but he din't quite have anything I was looking finding a waterproof scope for that money din't seem easy.
To cut a long story short I went over to flea bay and compulse bought a Opticron Imagic 65 angled with with a 27xw eyepiece and stay on case for 150 pounds, the question is have I made a mistake, As always I decided to look them up after i had purchased:-C Found very little information.
Found opticrons site of course but would like to no if anyone has ever used one and should i kick my self and start looking elsewere?

All the best may the puffin god be with you

Karpman:)

I bought my imagic 65 when they where Opticron's "entry level waterproof" scope, and still use it! light weight, image great, still water tight - despite a few drenchings. I started with the 20WW eyepiece and upgraded to the HDF zoom, I like the zoom, a bit narrow at the high end, but hey - does the job when my bins won't reach. Even with my tripod - velbon video job - it weighs half the weight of other schopes and is ideal for hide-clamp combo to fold into rucksack. I see that Opticron have just bought out a "tiny" 50mm lens - it's nearly the same weight as my imagic 65- don't tell anyone - you've got a great piece of kit.
I've looked at nikon 50 etc as a "better replacement" and decided that the only real benefit optically and usability would be a swaro 65 - too much money for the amount of time I use the thing.

Hey and thanks in advance

I am new birder come to the hobby as a fishing addon/moved one.
Already had a set of bin sub 50 pounds but decided they would do and to spend my limited budget on a scope by limited I mean 180 max.
I went over to focus optics and wow what a service but he din't quite have anything I was looking finding a waterproof scope for that money din't seem easy.
To cut a long story short I went over to flea bay and compulse bought a Opticron Imagic 65 angled with with a 27xw eyepiece and stay on case for 150 pounds, the question is have I made a mistake, As always I decided to look them up after i had purchased:-C Found very little information.
Found opticrons site of course but would like to no if anyone has ever used one and should i kick my self and start looking elsewere?

All the best may the puffin god be with you

Karpman:)

Sweet thanks!

Put me mind at rest, being waterproof in my budget was a big decider for me.
Also din't wan't to be missing to much to soon over budget, Not having a car at the moment being light'ish was also a bonus.
Looking forward to me first trip to rutland with a friend who has been birdwatching some years.
Happy days

karpman

Hey

Quick update, Got me scope this week and am more than happy how it performs totaly chuffed to bits and has really got me started on this bird watchin.

Thanks
Karpman

Hey

Quick update, Got me scope this week and am more than happy how it performs totaly chuffed to bits and has really got me started on this bird watchin.

Thanks
Karpman

Nice..For 150 pounds,seems a great buy..I have a vixen Geoma ED 80,older version,and I think is a very similar scope..can You post pics of your set-up?
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back