• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weather For August 2013 (1 Viewer)

palval147

It got wet, after lots of lovely wall to wall sunshine & blue cloudless sky, we have had torrential rain & thunder storms. Not all day or all the time, but they sure make you jump when they come. Last night around 8 p.m. we had one bad one & right overhead, so I switched of the p.c.
The ground does need rain, I know, but gentle & soaking, not the sort that comes down so fearcely it can't soak away through the hard ground.
Never satisfied are we.|:D|

I'm late...I'm late...:-O

Thursday 1st: Hot, sunny, gentle southerly breeze, 25c.
Friday 2nd: Hot, sunny, very very muggy & heavy(unbearably so!!!), 24c.
Saturday 3rd: Sunny, refreshingly breezy, 18c :t:

Sunday 4th: Sunny spells & brief showers, fresh south-westerly breeze, 19c.

It is GORGEOUS outside this morning o:) Low cloud and heavy rain but it's cool AT LAST!!!!!! :t: Currently 16c which is just nice o:D Supposed to be like this all day too o:)

Off to work at 11.30 and no doubt I'll get at least one customer whinging that the rain is depressing and isn't it awful that we haven't had a summer! :eek!: :-O

Rain stayed all day yesterday :t: Nice cool conditions to work in....though the downside was a lack of customers which meant the afternoon shift was sooooooo long and boring :smoke:

The sun and blue skies are back today with a light southerly breeze. Temperature currently 17c.

Past couple of days have been MUCH cooler at 15c and a lot more cloud :t:

Today started off cloudy but the sun is starting to break through now. Supposed to get as high as 17c with occasional showers this afternoon. THIS is more my type of temperature :-O I struggle in the heat but I must admit it HAS been fantastic for the butterflies this past couple of months :t: They are EVERYWHERE at the moment :king:

I'm happy o:) The hot weather has FINALLY gone :t: Past few days have been cooler at 18c and a LOT more comfortable :king:

Today started off VERY grey and overcast and by 3pm it was absolutely pouring with rain :t: 16c.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back