• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bins for Bhutan! (1 Viewer)

brd

Hey all- I know this is rather short notice, but in a little over three weeks I'll be leaving for Bhutan to teach secular education to monks for six months. Wildlife watching, particularly birds, is one of my passions, and so I'm hoping to foster some interest among my students by leading some birding trips. Bhutan, as you may know, has some amazing birds. Apparrently in the region I will be in, Rufous-necked Hornbills are a common sight. It is also quite rural and under-developed, and so binoculars are hard to come by. My goal would be to solicit some cheap entry level bins here in the states and bring them with me, and leave them with the program when I'm done there. For anyone interested, the program is Lhomon Education, a part of the Samdrup Jongkhar Initiative.
If you have a spare pair laying around that you'd like to donate to young buddhist monks in Bhutan (and you are in the US), please drop me a PM. I'm sure it'll do wonders for your karma!
Cheers,
Brodie
(I posted a thread by the same name in the equip wanted section. Not sure if this is bad etiquette, just wanted folks to see it. Feel free to erase if so.)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back