• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Share Your Experiences; Participate in Research (1 Viewer)

Beverlybaynes

Mod Squad
The link posted below will take you to a survey about birding experiences being conducted by a professor of recreation management at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana.

The survey is designed to help determine what constitutes a 'good' birding experience, taking into account the location, distance and environmental factors such as housing development, industrial development and odors.

And while the survey was initially designed to obtain information from American birders, the researcher is equally as interested in having information from aboard.

Consequently, if any non-American birders take the survey, please be sure to include your location information (city and country, at least) in the "Comments" box at the end of the survey

Taking the survey will take only a few minutes of your time, and I think you'll find it interesting to stop and think about what constitutes a 'good' birding experience for you.

http://www.sla.purdue.edu/survey/~klenosky/birdersurvey.asp
<http://www.sla.purdue.edu/survey/~klenosky/birdersurvey.asp>

I originally encountered this survey posted on IN-BIRD, the Indiana birding discussion board, and have since corresponded with the researcher. He is aware of this posting on BirdForum, and is hoping to have responses from our membership.

There is nothing involved except your time and input, and any personal information you may contribute will be kept completely confidential.

Thanks, friends!!

OK Beverly, I just finished mine. I'm sure it's different than most, if not all, others sent in.
Oh by the way, how many species did you get for the count?
Marcus

Thank you all for participating -- and I'm glad you found the survey interesting.

I'm not sure how quickly there will be results, but if there is access to them, I'll be sure to post (and I'll let the researcher know there is interest).

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back