• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Should I download this ??? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
I have standard lap top that operates with Windows 8 (I will upgrade to 10).
Quite often, when I switch on, a box appears that tells me I need the latest APPLE download. It all looks very official but as far as I know my computer has nothing on it that is in any way connected to Apple.
So, any ideas why I should be getting this and what I should do ?
Many thanks

What does it say to download? You might have iTunes or iCloud or maybe an old Quicktime setup.

What does it say to download? You might have iTunes or iCloud or maybe an old Quicktime setup.
Not sure............I will take a note when I next switch on (It only comes up then) and let you know.
But I thought Apple was, just Apple i.e. Apple Mac ?

i get them quite often, usually they are updates for iTunes (which I do not use) and Quicktime. I usually decline them as I don't need to use Quicktime anymore. My computer is very old.

Dave

If you don't use them then I would uninstall them. Older versions of Quicktime have a number of holes that can be used for spreading nasties.

The Apple Update software wants to update the Apple Update software! You would be perfectly fine to do the update, but if you have no other Apple software installed then you might as well uninstall the Apple Update program.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back