• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

updates for computer keeps apearing. (1 Viewer)

jacksnipe

can anybody help,every time I am switching the computer off,it keeps coming up ,you have up dates ready for your computer,dont switch off,will switch off after installed updates.so I do as am asked,but it as done this every day for a week,its like ground hog day,it keeps repeating its self,its not installing themm.help please.

can anybody help,every time I am switching the computer off,it keeps coming up ,you have up dates ready for your computer,dont switch off,will switch off after installed updates.so I do as am asked,but it as done this every day for a week,its like ground hog day,it keeps repeating its self,its not installing themm.help please.

My old XP laptop does the same thing, new updates almost every day. Recently my Vista laptop had a hard drive failure and after it was repaired and ,after a system boot disc recovery was done back to factory settings, installed 195 windows updates!!!!!!

Hope Windows 7 is better.

I get the same thing occasionally on XP. The only cure I've found is to go to the Windows Update website and get it to do its updates from there.

Look at your update history to see which ones are not installing. If I remember correctly after an update has failed you can click on a link to take you to the relevant Microsoft knowledge site and page. Make a note of the code number for the reason it failed to install. Sorry I can not be more specific as it is some time since I had to do this so I can not remember the details. Mmm, that's tempting fate saying that!

Try downloading and running Belarc Advisor. it will check out all the updates for you and let you know which ones have failed.
A neat little program which will tell you lots about your system. Worth keeping a print of the results as well; it will list your software product codes etc.

sorry for late reply,been busy,thanks for all everybodys help,tried your answer davercox,I know which are not installing,did it on line like you said,it installed them,then it said there might be some more,so I cheked,and it was the same ones it had just installed.baffled?thanks .

Had similar, had to do a full system recovery to cure it

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back