• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"David Attenborough's", "First Life" BBC2 Frid 21.00-22.00pm Part 1/2 05/11/2010 (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
"David Attenborough's", "First Life" BBC2 Frid 21.00-22.00pm Part 1/2 05/11/2010

Hi there

Part 1/2 - Arrival

Another programme in relation to David Attenboroughs life. It feels that it will be the last of us the viewer will ever see - just a feeling now.

http://uk-tv-guide.com/programme-de...21:00/David+Attenborough's+First+Life/Nature/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vw49d

(except Northern Ireland (Analogue), Wales (Analogue) . There will be other ways to see the same programmes I am sure - please let us know here

Another big write up in next weeks Radio times and well worth the cause I think. I have to admire this man for all the contributions that he has given me/us amongst many for his love of wild animals.

There is some nostalgia along with David's background, and I am sure it will be worth the watch as all his programmes are anyday. :t:

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
The parts they showed in the Attenborough's Journey programme looked fascinating, the bit with a Velvet Worm was totally captivating.

I finally got around to watching the two programmes last night. They were everything that good natural history programmes should be about. They were informative, they were detailed, they were intelligently written and presented, I thought they were fantastic.

For some, they may have come across as very sober but I found that Attenborough conveyed the information very well. There were only two episodes in this series, but they packed so much into them because there was very little fluff and padding. For example, he talked extensively about trilobites, taking up perhaps almost half of episode 2, and in this he showed the different sizes and shapes of the multitude of species, he explained what minerals were used to form their outer shell, and then he gave several different examples of how the eyes differed among different species of trilobite, explaining form and function.

Wonderful programmes.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back