• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI India - Feb 2011 (1 Viewer)

Kiki

Hi Guys,
We want to go to India in Feb 2011 (like to plan in advance!) I am having problems finding the information we need on the internet to book. We would like to visit Bharatpur, Bandhavgarh and Corbett.
I know we will need a car and driver and for the parks we will need to hire guides but, I would like it all sorted before we go. I contacted one company and including flights, it was going to cost us £2000 pp for 2 weeks, which is more than we paid for a recent 3 week trip to RSA!
Any advice/ recommendations welcome. Thank you

Hi Keren

In Nov/Dec 2007 my wife & I visited Northern India and used Wild World India as our ground operator, www.wildworldindia.com. They organised everything for us in India, but we sorted our flights ourselves. The cost for two weeks all inclusive of internal transport, guides, etc was $1445, which is about £890 at current exchange rate. You can't book flights this far in advance of Feb 2011 now, so there isn't a direct comparison of costs, but I can't see it being anywhere near £1100, which is what it would be to get to £2000 based on the quote you have.

They basically put an itinarary together for us pretty much exactly as we wanted it, to include Corbett & Bharatpur, plus a small amount of time in Delhi & Agra inbetween, so I am sure they would do exactly the same for you. Gaurav Jain was the main person I dealt with, and I am sure he would be delighted to help you out if you thought it worth the ask.

PM me if you want any further details, especially of the itinarary we had put together.

ATB

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back