• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meadow Pipit (North Yorks) ? (1 Viewer)

_pauls

I'm assuming this is just a meadow pipit. Looked a bit paler and plumper than most of the meadow pipits around.

Taken near the highest point on the North York Moors - Danby Beacon. A bit early for Dotterel, but plenty of golden plover in breeding plumage, wheatear, red grouse, red-legged partridge, pheasant, lapwing and curlew as well as dozens of meadow pipits.

Attachments

• IMGP4096.jpg
    IMGP4096.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Yes the shot is quite distant - I'm assuming that its a meadow pipit with its feathers fluffed up. There were lots of meadow pipits around but they were generally looking much sleeker and brighter coloured which was what drew my attention to this individual.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back