• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can someone help me identify this baby bird in my backyard? (1 Viewer)

klynn6844

First let me start off by saying that I know nothing about birds. About 3 weeks ago my girlfriend and I noticed a tiny bird just sitting right next to one of our security camers with his back faced towards us. He comes back every day no earlier than 6:00 in the evening. He is usually in the same exact spot every time that he comes and usually stays in the same spot and in the same position un-animated for hours! He does not move, you can barely even tell if hes breathing or not, we have not seen what the front of him or what his face looks like because of the fact that he is so completely still that you would think its a statue. Could this possibly be a baby owl? I live in southern louisiana and we do hear owls at night from time to time. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as to what type of bird this is and why he does this?

Attachments

• 12138400_1183396818354047_2822549396169801691_o.jpg
    12138400_1183396818354047_2822549396169801691_o.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 77
Not an Owl, but rather a Carolina Wren. They often huddle up in a corner like that when they roost for the night.

I just went to go look it up, that sounds spot on, thanks a bunch! We were always curious about him but he comes so much now that we were finally curious ENOUGH to actually join a forum and try to research a little bit. Again.... Thank you!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back