• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (92 Viewers)

slow on east coast

Waiting for the weather! Taken 2 weeks leave and maybe that next year I take leave later! But still birds/wildlife about, ,,,and the Yorkshire suntan is coming on nicely!(Except mrs is complaining about the stripes where my glasses cross my temples!)

Anyway, heres a few recent pics.

Attachments

• blue1.jpg
    blue1.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 30
  • buzzard5.jpg
    buzzard5.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 34
  • cloudedyellow1.jpg
    cloudedyellow1.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 30
  • fox1.jpg
    fox1.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 39
  • goldcrest1.jpg
    goldcrest1.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
a few more!

Hope no one is bothered by a few non rares!

Can I ask when the next forum meet is planned??

Attachments

• lesserwhitethroat2.jpg
    lesserwhitethroat2.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 58
  • littlestint1.jpg
    littlestint1.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 75
  • piedflycatcher3.jpg
    piedflycatcher3.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 40
  • sparrowhawk2.jpg
    sparrowhawk2.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 40
  • spottedflycatcher2.jpg
    spottedflycatcher2.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Keep those photos coming Doc, for us up in the Alps, Little Stint would be a mega, we're looking forward to our week's holiday in God's own county next week, so everyone be prepared for the perennial question, (but given in a French accent) "Bonjour, anysing about?"

Richard

Hope no one is bothered by a few non rares!

Can I ask when the next forum meet is planned??

The next one will be Spurn in October I would guess, I dont think it happened last year for one reason or another but i'd like to get one going for this year.

Hi just wondered if anyone went on the skua cruise today ,was going to come but events decided otherwise ,weather looked good for it too .
Looks like October or last week in Sept now , anyway if you can give out a reportof what I missed would be grateful ....cheers JD

Hi just wondered if anyone went on the skua cruise today ,was going to come but events decided otherwise ,weather looked good for it too .
Looks like October or last week in Sept now , anyway if you can give out a reportof what I missed would be grateful ....cheers JD

Went on both trips yesterday and today. Yesterday we got great views of two Sooty Shearwater, a couple of Arctic Skua, a Manxie, and a Bonxie, as well as usual stuff (Fulmar, Puffin, Guillemot, Razorbill, Shag, Arctic Tern, etc.). A Black Tern and YL Gull were called but I didn't get onto them.

Today it was more of the same, although Manxies and Arctic Skuas were distant and I didn't see them, but stunning views from Bonxies and Sooties. Another highlight today was a cracking Blue Fulmar, and two Velvet Scoter.

Sounds like you had a good couple of trips out Pete ,gutted I missed out on them close up views of sooties ,thanks for your reply ,cheers jd

Mixed bag

Some from today/yesterday

Attachments

• cs1a.jpg
    cs1a.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 71
  • g1a.jpg
    g1a.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 66
  • b1a.jpg
    b1a.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 67
  • w1a.jpg
    w1a.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 64
Plenty of raptors around Wensleydale anyway. I was surprised to see a Red Kite being hassled by at first by a pair of Kestrel, followed by a pair of Ravens and finally around four Buzzards. Interesting to get them all in one frame to compare the size differences. The kite kept playing with it's food (as per the first picture). Makes me wonder whether it was a Kestrel chick?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 94
Probably a little late asking but tomorrow I'm up in Richmond for the weekend. Can anyone tell me what the chances of Black Grouse are within say a 20 mile radius? What else can I expect to see or should particularly look out for?
Thanks in advance
Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back