• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

lost eye cup nikon 8x42 (1 Viewer)

i have lost one of the eyecups on my Nikon 8x42 binoculars,anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Phone Nikon uk on 0330 123 0930 option 2. Have your model details and credit card ready.

I have had a number of eyecups for different models from a very helpful department.

Stan

Last edited:
Phone Nikon uk on 0330 123 0930 option 2. Have your model details and credit card ready.

I have had a number of eyecups for different models from a very helpful department.

Stan

Stan:

You provided the contact number, and I will think if you contact
Nikon they will just send you one in the mail.

Let us know how things go. In the US, Nikon has stepped up service
back to the way they used to be, limited, no-fault warranty.

Jerry

cheers for the replys,i have been phoning daily but cant get an answer,i emailed them and got a reply today

Thank you for your email regarding the parts for your Monarch 8x42 binoculars.

The eyecup for Monarch binoculars requires a specific assembly of five different parts that is done here by our technicians, and is called Eye-Piece Unit Assembly. The cost of this is £15 plus 20% VAT charge plus £2 shipping.
We do not have one of the parts required for this assembly in stock at the moment but I could order that for you and it would take 3-4 weeks to deliver from Japan. Once arrived, our technicians would assemble an eyecup here for you and I’d contact you to collect your payment details.
If you wish to do that, please email me your address and contact number and I would place an order for you.
Thank you and best regards,

Irma

received this email today

Thank you for your email and apologies for a delayed reply.

I can now confirm that I have placed an order for the eyecup for your Monarch binoculars, and we are awaiting for one of the parts required from our European Parts Centre. Once the part has arrived and we have assembled the eyecup for you, I will be in touch to collect your payment details.

Kind Regards,
Irma

cant wait till they are fixed im at the point of leaving them at home

Are you sure you and Nikon are talking about the same part?
They are referring to the eyecup, and you seem to be talking about just its cap or cover - or else how did you manage to lose it?

update

got an email last week saying the parts had arrived and were assembled,as soon as my payment is received I would be sent the eye cup with a delivery date of 1-3 working days,paid the £20.40 and had the eyecup 2 days later,great sevice and very easy to order,the eyecup is a slightly different shade from the old one but that is no big deal,i never realised how hard it was watching birds through binos with just one eye :t:

Attachments

• bin24670.JPG
    bin24670.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 87
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back