• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bonelli's or Booted eagle? Iran (1 Viewer)

ehsan

Ehsan Talebi
Iran
This eagle was Recorded on November 9 in north of Iran.
Is this a 2cy individual?

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• photo_2017-11-09_14-09-53.jpg
    photo_2017-11-09_14-09-53.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 260
ahhrgh! not the first time i fell for this...this is if you are fixed on 2 species rather than really looking what the bird looks like. :eat::eat:

ahhrgh! not the first time i fell for this...this is if you are fixed on 2 species rather than really looking what the bird looks like. :eat::eat:

And that Lou, is why I never read what people think they are before I look, it corrupts and influences your thought process - but I'm still wrong most of the time!...:-C

A

Last edited:
Peter,
Dick is saying Andrea Corso was in error, not that he made false statements, which would imply intended deception...:eek!:
MJB

MBJ, firstly, English is not my main language:-C

The kites on the photographs Corso used to illustrate Black-eared Kites, were in fact Black Kites, and (thus) his text used the "wrong" identification marks to tell the two forms apart, thereby preventing readers to gain true insight in the matter.

I never meant to imply that he wilfully did so, only that his conclusions and descriptions were wrong, something I believe was due to either lack of sufficient experience, and/or lack of proper consultation with experts, thereby rendering his paper flawed.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and thanks a lot for your comment!

Peter

MBJ, firstly, English is not my main language:-C

The kites on the photographs Corso used to illustrate Black-eared Kites, were in fact Black Kites, and (thus) his text used the "wrong" identification marks to tell the two forms apart, thereby preventing readers to gain true insight in the matter.

I never meant to imply that he wilfully did so, only that his conclusions and descriptions were wrong, something I believe was due to either lack of sufficient experience, and/or lack of proper consultation with experts, thereby rendering his paper flawed.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and thanks a lot for your comment!

Peter

Peter,
I was certain that your meaning was as you state, but I feared that others might have misinterpreted it, which is all too easy to do on-line!:t:
MJB

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back