• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (2 Viewers)

Have a look at the lady after the W/end.got a Regimental re-union in Blackpool to go to and the amber liquid is calling.
1/2 Imp. Gouache.

Taken in a dif. light
i will have a look at the shading next week Colleen

Attachments

• L1230191.jpg
    L1230191.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 32
  • L1230193.jpg
    L1230193.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 35
  • L1230194.jpg
    L1230194.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 34
  • L1230195.jpg
    L1230195.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Fantastic, Arthur! She's got that classic 'look right through you' raptor gaze that always makes me glad I'm not small enough to be a prey item...!

bird looks great, you have your own style and usually the over all tapestry and slight flattening works well, but here IMO there is too much green and it's mostly the same family of yellowish green , I wonder if maybe you could introduce a bluer color into the far background which would give it some depth and relief from the yellows.

I tried it in PS and it looked good, I'll post this if you want, or just print one off and use some color pencil....make it transparent so it's just like a wash to shift the hues a bit. If you did this then introducing some of that blue into the shadow areas of the whites and glazing it on some of the leaves would help to bring it together.

Very nicely done, Arthur! Redstarts are a rare bird on our state on the west side of the mountains where I live. However, we've had a breeding pair in one location not too far from my house the past two summers. If they show up again next season, I'll get down there to sketch them - the male is an extremely vocal and persistent singer.

The sparrowhawk is a beauty Arthur!
What could I say about the Redstarts?
There is the strength of fieldsketching, drawings full of monement,and different postures.I love in particular this one from the front, very difficult angle, perfectly captured!

Paschalis

Superb sketching, Arthur.

John 'your' Redstarts are a type of wood warbler and different to 'our' European Redstarts, all very beautiful though. Hope you get to sketch yours next spring.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back