• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

GREETINGS...Introducing myself to this Forum (1 Viewer)

mayoayo

Hi Friends..
I have been a member of this forum for a while now,years actually,and although I check this part of the forum regularly,I havent made an entry here yet ,in all this time,.
Being an Artist ,a painter,.(I do mostly contemporay,non objective compositions,near abstraction...)and having a keen interest in birds,I think is natural to have this subject matter moving into my work,and in the last year,I have started to produce some images,with the avian subject in mind..they are still sparse pieces in my general production,but I have decided to start a thread ,posting some of this material ,hopefully to keep myself up to the task and increase the number of works in that direction..I have seen so many good works in here that I am inspired !..
This is a work that I did this morning..from a photo....Pen and Ink,some washes,and a touch of acrylic,to highlight some of the markings in the wing feathers...most emphasis was given to the Head..Ill try a bigger ,more complete version soon....

Attachments

• pic garser.jpg
    pic garser.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Well I guess it's official now that you have said hello to all of us ;)

I wish I had a fraction of your talent as this piece is lovely.

Yap!

Yes..It is official!..hahaha..It is a shame that I have roamed so long around the Art section of the forum,and never put myself to the task of sharing my work and get more active ,and even more..to produce more works in this direction....Now im officially started ,YES!
thanks for the kind Words..im glad you like it

Well I guess it's official now that you have said hello to all of us ;)

I wish I had a fraction of your talent as this piece is lovely.

Hi and welcome. A very nice start to your thread to, a very stong drawing indeed. Strong form and very nice lines, look forward to seeing more from an obviously talented artist...

Welcome, and glad to see your work! This piece is very nicely done - look forward to seeing more.

Hi Mayoayo,

I've been looking at this painting off and on for a few days. I can't quite put my finger on it but there is something very striking about it. Maybe a sense of life. Sensitiivity? I'm not sure what but it augurs well for the future.

And your name and introduction ring a bell. Do you recall commenting on which Nikon scope to buy about a year ago, when you were living on the US west coast I think? I seem to recall that person also saying he was a bird lover and abstract painter, thinking of moving to birds as subject, and also soon to move to Spain. Please tell me my memory isn't playing tricks with me!

Thanks Everybody for the kind words and warm welcoming,being a member of the Art community I feel at home now in this section of the Forum...
solitaryVSong....Yes its me...now im installed in Spain,yes a year has gone by and fast..I remember yoor work too,..fantastic drawings, and you do abstract work too...interestingly enough im finding that many otherBird artists ,do also abstract work...!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back